TeamBuildr is an online strength and conditioning software used by professional teams, colleges and high schools. It allows trainers and coaches to create completely customizable workouts which can be specific to a sport, position or player. Goals can be set and progress can be tracked and compared to others using the leaderboard and real-time charts. The Coach Calendar allows program workout plans to be made quickly and the workouts can be accessed from any mobile device, saving time and paper. Alerts can be set to notify admin if a goal has been hit or new record was set.
Generating an API Token from TeamBuildr
Before you can enable an integration between your TeamBuildr account and the Kinduct platform you will need to generate an API token from within TeamBuildr. This token is used to validate the request made by Kinduct when querying for information from the TeamBuildr API.
To generate your token within TeamBuildr:
- Go to Settings by clicking your profile picture at the top right.
- Under the Settings menu, click the Integrations tab.
- From the Integrations page, you will see Kinduct under the Data Management header, click the blue Connect button to generate your token.
- Copy the token that is generated.
Enabling the TeamBuildr Integration in Kinduct
Once you have generated your token from TeamBuildr, you can now enable the API from your Kinduct platform.
To enable TeamBuildr API:
- Log in to your Kinduct platform.
- Click the Admin tab and then expand Data Management.
- Click API Integrations and in the Integrations page, click the Create Integration button.
- From the Create Integration page, select TeamBuildr from the drop-down menu and then enter:
- Integration Name: This is used to distinguish between multiple coach enablements. This field will be helpful later if you ever need to troubleshoot the integration. We recommend using TeamBuildr - Coaches Name.
- Client ID: This is provided to you from your Kinduct CSM.
- Client Secret: This is provided to you from your Kinduct CSM.
- Token: This must be generated from within your TeamBuidr account. See Generating an API Token from TeamBuildr.
TeamBuildr Metrics and Reporting
Once your TeamBuildr integration is set up and you have pulled data into your Kinduct platform, your TeamBuidr data will then be available for use in reporting.
Marrying TeamBuildr data with additional data sources that you are collecting in Kinduct can provide you with powerful insight - by collecting objective athlete progress in the gym and comparing that to subjective wellness data, internal load measures, body composition, or game performance.
TeamBuildr is able to provide data on a set, exercise and workout level which allows you to longitudinally analyze trends in load, max weight lifted, speed, power and more on an athlete-by-athlete or team basis.
The following metrics are available per Exercise Set (e.g. Bench Press Set 1, Set 2, Set 3):
- Weight Lifted
- Peak Speed
- Peak Power - This is returned as an array of one or two elements:
- Peak Power Left (the first element in the array)
- Peak Power Right (the second element in the array)
- Total Load: This is calculated as Repetitions * Weight Lifted
Metrics for the Exercise Total segment (ex. Bench Press Total):
- Total Load: This will be a sum of the Total Load metrics from the exercise-set segments.
- Repetitions: This will be a sum of all Repetitions from the exercise-set segments.
- Max Weight Lifted: This will be the maximum weight of all Weights Lifted in the exercise-set segments.
- Max Load: This is the maximum of the Total Load metrics from the exercise-set segments.
Metrics for the Session/Workout segment:
- Total Load: Sum of the Total Load metrics for each of the Exercise Total segments.
Please contact your CSM if you require assistance with enabling the integration, or building any reports within Kinduct.