Alerts can be set up to quickly and easily notify coaches when a specific metric has met or surpassed a predefined threshold. Alerts can be applied to any metric and are activated when creating Triggers.
The illustration below shows an example of how alerts display in a player’s profile. The alert includes the date of the alert, the metric name, the value of the metric that set the trigger, as well as a colour-coded narrative. (Alert, Warning, Exceptional). Click the “x” next to the alert to hide the alert from this view.
Alerts for an athlete also display under the Alerts tab in an athlete's profile:
Creating a Trigger
To create a trigger:
1. Click the Admin tab, click Data Management and select Triggering.
The Triggering window displays:
2. Click Create Trigger.
3. Select the trigger target group or individual (who the triggers will apply to) from the Applies to drop-down list. You have the ability to apply triggering criteria based on a team, position or on a individual basis.
4. Click Select a Metric drop-down list and then select a single metric that you wish to apply a trigger and alert for.
Tip: The Calculation Builder tool is a great method to create an individual metric that comprises multiple metrics and basic mathematical functions. For example, with calculated metrics, you can create an Acute Chronic Ratio (metric) and apply a trigger/alert to this more complex metric.
5. Click Add a Trigger Condition.
6. Click on each of the underlined text / values to activate a pop-up and enter text / values (click to confirm entries).
7. Click Add a Trigger Condition to add additional triggers.
8. Click Save Trigger.
A green box with "Template Saved" will appear briefly next to the Save Trigger button).
Note: Triggers are evaluated in order from top to bottom, in groupings of less than's, greater than's and equals to. Any trigger value of "equals to" takes precedence over other triggers.
View Trigger: On the reporting page, there is a selection box above the table to select which triggering template you wish to see.
Once a trigger for a single metric has been set up, Alerts will notify coaches when the metric has met or surpassed the predefined threshold.
With triggers set, alerts are indicated in the Alerts icon at the top of the screen.
Click the Alerts icon to open the list of alerts. The number in the red circle indicates how many new alerts are ready for review. The following window displays:
The following three (3) ways mark an alert as 'read':
1. Mark all as 'read' or 'unread' by clicking desired option.
2. Select the check box to left of the date to select and mark individual alerts as 'read' or 'unread'.
3. Select 'mark as read' within the Action column for each individual alert.
Note: Click Close at the bottom to leave the alerts section.