The Kinduct scale framework allows you to quickly perform weigh-in and weigh-out sessions either by manually entering values or an automatic entry through bluetooth. The scale framework has been developed to allow for direct connection with bluetooth-enabled scales. It is tested and compliant with Mettler Toledo scales. Direct connectivity with other scales is dependent on the scale software.
To create a new weigh-in session:
1. Click Collect and then select Weigh In.
The Configure Weigh-In Session screen displays:
2. Click Create a New Session.
3. Select Type of Session (Weigh In & Out or Weigh In Only).
4. Enter a Title for the session.
5. If Create Segment option or Show fluid replacement on weigh out option is enabled, fill in the details.
5. Confirm the session details and then click Continue.
6. Choose Bluetooth or Manual Entry for Weigh In Option.
7. Select Members and click Save.
The Weigh-In Session is setup with the selected members.
8. Click Launch Weigh In.
The weigh-in session will now be maximized in the screen, showing two tabs - one to enter each athletes Weigh In and a second tab to enter each athletes Weigh Out. Click Edit Players to edit the selected athletes at any time, adding additional athletes if necessary. You can select to list the players alphabetically or by position.
9. Click on a player to enter their weigh-in metric.
10. Enter the value from the scale and then click Accept. Once a weight has been entered, their profile button will be greyed out with a check mark.
11. After the athlete has completed their training or practice and are ready to weigh-out, click the weigh out tab, select the athlete and then enter their weight value. Click Accept.
If the show fluid replacement on weigh out option is enabled, after an athlete has completed their weigh-out, a dialog displays stating how much fluid per pound must be consumed.
Note: At any time if the creator of the weigh-in session wishes to exit the session, they must enter their password. This is a security feature designed to prevent athlete's, or anyone else, from exiting the weigh in session to access the creators account.
Segments are used in reporting to differentiate between data that is collected on a person at different times throughout a single day. Kinduct recommends naming segments according to the type of session or time of day and using consistent names for similar session types. This standard will allow you to compare data in your reports for the same segments across different days. When searching for your segmented data in reporting, after selecting your metric(s) you must select any or all segments you wish to report on.
It is recommend to only use segments if you are collecting the same metric for the same person, more than once per day. If two sessions are created for the same person on a single day, and segments are NOT used, data collected in the second session will override data collected in the first session.
Weigh-In Session Example
For a week with a Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning practice scheduled with 10 people and then an evening training session with 8 of the same people, two sessions for each day will be created to collect weigh-in and weigh-out data. When creating the morning weigh-in and weigh-out session, create a segment named "AM Practice", and then when creating the evening weigh-in and weigh-out session for the same day, create a segment named "PM Training".
When creating a report for the week, if you select the segment "AM Practice" for your weight metrics, it will reflect the data from all three morning sessions that were held for the week.